Thursday, November 9, 2017

My Active Encouragement

There are a few different events that come to mind that have been inspiration or
active encouragement in my life:

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, cloud, sky and outdoorNo automatic alt text available.First, my sister studied abroad in London in college and I went to visit her. This trip was the first time I was out of the country. When I was over there, I was in awe of all things I saw and learned. I loved making connections with new people, learning about different cultures and exploring new land. This trip made me love traveling and want to see the world!


Image may contain: 2 people, people smilingNext, I have been inspired to run a half marathon. I have not completed this yet- but I am in the process of finding a race to sign up for. I am encouraged to this because I was up in Duluth at Grandma's Marathon. When I was watching the marathon runners cross the finish line, I felt that I could do something like them. Their hard work and dedication inspired me to push myself and do a run. Since then, I have done a 15k and a 10 mile run. My 13.1 miles is on the horizon and I hope to complete one soon!

Image result for smumn
Lastly, I was encouraged by my coworkers to get my masters. Watching them complete theirs, inspired me to start mine. So, now here I am! But, it doesn't stop here.... This program has been encouraging me to continue my education after I graduate. Now, I am in the thoughts of getting a reading license or certification after my masters is complete. This program has reminded me how much I love to learn and challenge myself!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is awesome how you keep pushing yourself and being open to others pushing you to do things as well. Being able to do this will continue to make yourself better. As a teacher and coach, this is what we are always trying to do to others, and sometimes it is hard to do it to ourselves. Glad you still keep pushing!

    ReplyDelete