Sunday, January 7, 2018

INCLUSIVE

Image result for inclusive teaching
According to the University of Michigan, inclusive teaching involves deliberately cultivating a learning environment where all students are treated equitably, have equal access to learning, and feel welcome, valued, and supported in their learning.

Image result for inclusive teachingI believe that culture is essential to learning because it plays a role in our communication and thinking processes. It is important to include all student's cultures into the classroom and learning so we can understand each other. I also believe that when we learn about each other's cultures, then we gain respect and build relationships.

Image result for culturally responsive teaching Having an inclusive classroom where culture is brought in is very important to me as a teacher. The biggest goal I have for my students when they leave my classroom are to be kind, respectful and accepting of everyone. Having an inclusive classroom and bringing culture in will help me attain my goal as a teacher and help the world become a place of acceptance, kindness and respect.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this resource. The principles were helpful to me and aligned with my beliefs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I agree with helping to guide students to be kind, respectful and accepting. What are some activities you do with your students to enforce your goals? I can imagine you do many things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ended that with the perfect statement: "the biggest goal I have for my students when they leave my classroom are to be kind, respectful and accepting of everyone. Having an inclusive classroom and bringing culture in will help me attain my goal as a teacher and help the world become a place of acceptance, kindness and respect." These students might have exposure to this until your classroom. You are the one that is having such a huge impact on them. How do you build on these skills in your classroom?

    ReplyDelete