Monday, May 15, 2017

Golden Circle

Image result for golden circle

Why? I am a teacher because I wanted my career to provide joy and fulfillment in my life by making a difference in other people's lives.  

How? I invest myself into my students lives by making connections and learning about each individual child on a daily basis. 

What? Everyday I build relationships with my students and teach them lifelong skills such as teamwork, collaborating, how to read, social skills, problem solving, etc. 

Image result for making a difference

Each morning I have a morning meeting with my students to to provide joy and community in my classroom. During this time students are developing their EQs (emotional quotients), as we all learn about one another and make connections to greet each other, share, and play games. I want each child to know that they matter and are important.  Morning meeting is a time where the students are developing social skills such as listening, collaborating, working as a team, and being respectful. All of these skills will be important as they grow and are out in the real world. 

1 comment:

  1. Being able to start with such a powerful "Why," you have set yourself and your students up for enjoyable experiences for years to come! You did a great job coming up with your why, how, and what. They are well written and have a lot of thought put into them. I wonder if there are easy ways to work on developing their EQ's throughout the entire day, as I do much of mine in the morning as well.

    ReplyDelete